Welcome to Bethel!
Thank you for coming to the 2017 NEBKL Festival. We have a GREAT weekend planned for all of you! We have had to do some last minute schedule and venue shuffling due to the predicted ‘January-like’ temps with wind attached. We have the safety and quality of each Festival participant’s experience foremost on our mind. Due to the forecasted wind and cold temperatures we have made the following amendments to the weekend schedule:
1. WEEKEND VENUE CHANGE: To protect participants from the wind, we have moved all weekend competitive events from the Campus Trails to the Pine Hill Trail System, which is Gould Academy’s competitive trail system. Pine Hill is very close to the Field House as a skier flies, it’s about ¾ of mile in a vehicle.
2. SATURDAY’S EVENTS WILL NOW BEGIN @ 11:00am.
3. AGE GROUP ORDER OF START FLIPPED: The 7th/8th grade race will be first and the 1st/2nd grade race will be last.
4. The change in venue is notable because we have very limited parking on site. District Chairs will be able to park on site (with Parking Pass), there are 24 spots on the trailside of the Grover Hill Road. Participants are encouraged to take the shuttle or ski to the venue.
5. There will now be TWO shuttles for the entirety of the weekend:
- The FIRST shuttle will circulate as scheduled between Parking Areas. It will bring participants to the Field House. The Field House will be the center of all of the Adventure activities including: a community Mural, broomball games, sledding hill, terrain park, Fat bike demos, sit-ski demos, an obstacle course, a food truck and we’ll also have coverage of the World Championships projected for everyone to watch. The FIRST shuttle will run continuously 8am-8pm.
- There will be a SECOND shuttle (look for the yellow school bus) that will transport participants from the Field House to Pine Hill. This shuttle will be timed to get participants to the venue for their event start time. The shuttle will start at 10:30 and run until all participants are back at the Field House. Please note, you can also ski back from the race venue to the Field House. This is a 15 minute round trip including loading and unloading.
6. PARADE: 4:15 pm Line –Up in Field House. 4:30 indoor PARADE.
7. SATURDAY’S AWARDS: ALL relay awards will be presented at 4:40pm in the Field House.
We hope you have a great weekend in Bethel,
Bethel Outing Club